Saturday 21 April 2012

Chelsea Chelsea I believe .....

The view in Chelsea 
Whilst in New York I took some time out from sightseeing to go and check out the sights of Chelsea in the West side of Manhatan.  I went to Chelsea Market and it was absolutely fantastic, it reminded me of a few events I have visited in the UK such as The UpMarket on Brick Lane but on a much bigger scale.  The market is built in the former National Biscuit Complex where the famous Oreo cookie was invented and produced.  

 The whole market was absolutely buzzing with people.  On entry there were some fantastic cake and bread shops and the entire top floor was full of little shops selling lots of fresh produce,  quirky little gifts shops, flower stalls and a range of restaurants.  The smells of food was gorgeous and the shops were full of people catching up over lunch and drinks.  
Gorgeous surroundings inside the market.

Chelsea Artists and Fleas - Live DJ fab!


 My favourite part of the market was the pop up shop, Chelsea Artists and Fleas.    The pop up returned to Chelsea in March 2012 and will be there until May.  I definitely recommend a visit if you are in New York.  It was stuffed with around 30 fantastic stalls with a fantastic collection of items.  The pop up also had a live DJ playing a fantastic mix of new and vintage tracks.  I will upload a blog soon about some of the stalls inside the pop up and the goodies I picked up on my travels.  






No comments:

Post a Comment