Sunday 29 April 2012

Laura Loves .... Jewellery

Although I design and make my own pieces of jewellery I am forever purchasing jewellery.  My friends often call me a magpie as I am addicted to anything shiny! I mostly buy costume jewellery pieces and my favourite High Street pieces as usually found in H&M, Freedom @ Topshop and on Asos.  

Over the last few years I have found that I have been buying some more expensive pieces whilst on my travels.  I have also found some unique and handmade pieces from some of the vintage fairs and markets I have attended and from online jewellery sellers.  Here are some of the pieces I have bought over the last few weeks.  

Carol Lee $65

First is the Sweet Stone Bracelet by American designer Carolee.  I picked this up in Bloomingdales whilst in New York.  I fell in love as soon as I saw it, it definitely ignited my inner magpie! The bracelet is a stunning collection of semi precious stones and it has hardly left my wrist since I bought it.  When I purchased the company was also running a promotion where $5 from each sale was donated to Breast Cancer charities.  Since getting home I have looked on the company website and I have added a New York City charm bracelet to my latest wish list.


  

Whilst in NYC i also went to a few markets.  Whilst there I picked up two rings which I chose because I loved the unique designs.  I have had a number of people asking me about them every time I wear them.  
I picked up both of these rings for $25 from a stall in the Hells Kitchen Market.  Unfortunately the seller did not have a website so I cannot post a link to her creations.  I did pass on my email address and she assured me she will pass on the details of her site when it is up and running. 

Tallulah Rose
I have also been wearing a piece by Tallulah Rose  which was given to me at the last event we traded at together.  The necklace is one of my favourites as it reminds me of my trip and it also features my favourite colour pink!

This weekend I was lucky enough to stumble upon a huge find of some gorgeous stamps, fabric and vintage sheets of music so I will be working hard over the next few weeks to make some new and unique pieces of jewellery.  I have managed to source a number of US stamps so I am hoping to create a range inspired by my recent travels.  I am also going to create a range to celebrate Great Britain to commemorate both the Diamond Jubilee and London 2012. 

Vintage Sheet Music Necklace £12
Floral Fabric Necklace £12
What purchases have you made over the last few weeks?  Laura xxx





2 comments:

  1. the rings are great, the round one makes me think of cartier "le clou" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have worn it so many times since getting back! x

    ReplyDelete