Monday 27 August 2012

KIKO Nail Polish

Whilst on holiday I picked up a few items from cosmetics store KIKO  I picked up some nail varnishes plain and crackle and an eyeshadow that was a very similar colour to one that I have had my eye on for ages in MAC.  I will try and review it over the next few weeks.  

I was really impressed with the nail varnishes that I bought and I have decided to share one of my favourites with you.  


I choose a colour that I think is a type of heather/grey the number on the back does not correspond to the colours on the UK website so I apologise that I cannot tell you the exact colour, I whizzed through the swatches and I think it is number 380 (medium grey).  The nail varnishes were reduced to €1.50 each and they are £1.50 on the website which is very similar to the ELF prices.  Whilst I was in store lots of people were stocking up on the varnishes including one person who spent over €60 and left with a huge bag of colours.  The polish stays chip free for roughly 2-3 days.


The brush is nice and wide and application is very easy.  I applied two coats and found that this was a very good coverage the varnish is quick to dry which is also a plus.  I really like wearing this shade for day to day wear and I have added a coat of the Hed Kandi Models Own polish when going out.  Apologies for the pictures I took them quickly before tidying up the edges of my nails as I was in a rush.  



What do you think of the colour? Have you tried anything from the KIKO range before? I will probably order more of these in the future as I have been really impressed with the quality and when I have looked online I have seen a few colours I love that were not available in store.  

Laura xxxx

p.s. Today is the final day to take advantage of my FREE Delivery code over at ASOS Marketplace, enter the code BANKHOLIDAY to receive your discount xxx

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this brand before but this colour is right up my street and what a bargain price!

    Becky

    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, I had never heard of it either, I stumbled upon it by accident, the nail varnishes are fab and I really like the eyeshadow I picked up too, I will have to do a blog post soon, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment xx

      Delete
  2. Cute blog! I'm a new follower. Follow back if you would like!
    Thanks,
    Gina

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color looks fab! Great buy :)
    Newest follower here, found you through the TBI blog hop. Hope you can check out my blog too~
    http://underthesamebluesky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me and commenting, I will pop over to your blog too, I am having a blog competition if you check out my latest posts x

      Delete