Monday 13 August 2012

Mr Birds Emporium

I am really excited to announce that I am going to be opening my first shop in Birmingham! I am going to be involved in a brand new concept store in Birmingham's Custard Factory, Mr Birds Emporium. 


The store will be opening in October and will house some of Birmingham's best independent traders who will be selling a huge range of items including Vintage and Handmade Clothing, Jewellery and Handmade items.  The owners are also going to hold a Saturday Flea where a number of traders will adopt a stall temporarily to showcase their goods. 

I cannot wait to be involved, last year I traded in Birmingham City Centre in the run up to Christmas and the message from the people of Birmingham was clear - we need more independent shops in Birmingham!  We had a number of regular customers who raved about the stalls in the pop up shop and spoke about how it was about time Birmingham had something similar to cities such as Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds.  The response to the pop up was overwhelming so I know that Mr Birds Emporium will be exactly the same. 



Over the next few weeks I will be posting regular updates as I get my unit in the store ready for trading.  I have spent the last few months working on new ranges and I have been talking to a number of independent artists, fashion designers and jewellery makers and I will hopefully be able to use my unit as a platform to showcase other talented independents amongst my own items. 

My new home

I will be providing regular blog and Facebook updates as things start to take shape at Mr Birds including details of the launch event which is set to be a fantastic event.  If you have any thoughts on the Emporium I would love to hear from you, especially if like me you have been waiting for something like this to come to Birmingham!


Laura xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new venture! Personally I love little independent stalls & shops as it is in those places that I usually find the best presents for people x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post, I am really looking forward to being a part of Mr Birds, it is something that Birmingham really needs. I agree with you I love looking in independent shops and stalls, its nice to find something different especially when looking for gifts. I hope you will be able to pop in sometime xx

      Delete