Monday 20 August 2012

New Look Ibiza Competition

Last week I received a email inviting me to take part in a holiday hop competition.  With a prize of up to £400 in New Look vouchers up for grabs I jumped at the chance.  I really love shopping in New Look,  their items are on trend, good quality and always very reasonably priced.  It is usually the first place I go when I am looking for outfits for my holidays.  

So now time for the competition, if you head over to Daisybutter's blog you will find the full details, why not have a look and enter yourself.  The competition is as follows:
Imagine you are going to Ibiza for a long weekend. Create a post on your blog stating which items from the New Look store you would wear to complete each of the following outfits on your holiday. You have 5 outfits for 5 occasions, so which items would you wear and why? 
Choose from: Travel Style, Poolside, Beach It, Sunset Supper, Beach to Club.
I loved searching for items for this and I wish I was going on holiday again this year so I could have an excuse to buy some of them!

Travel Style


For me my main factor when picking a travel outfit is comfort.  I had this is mind when picking my outfit.   I choose a gorgeous bird print dress  I really like the print and style and I think it is a bargain at £14.99.  I would team this with a set of ballet pumps, I chose these because of the rope print detailing.  I would team this outfit with a waterfall cardigan, I always find temperature on a plane a bit hit and miss so this would be a perfect cover up if it was cold and as it is lightweight it could be placed easily inside my hand luggage, a nude studded shopper.  I decided to accessorise with a ring and bracelet

Poolside


For around the pool I decided to pick a classic stripe bikini top and bottom set .  I really like the shape of this bikini and I really like the frill detailing.  I like that the bikini's on the New Look site are mix and match so you can build the perfect bikini size to suit your shape.  I decided to team this with a white cover up with lace detail for walking down to the pool and also the bright white would hopefully complement my tan! For shoes I opted for a pair of white flat sandals with gold detail and I have finished the look off with a splash of red with a gorgeous hobo bag and a few coats of nail varnish on my fingers and toes.  

Beach It


My next look is my beach outfit, I chose a large shopper bag first perfect for putting in all the days essentials, towel, suncream and water are usually top of my list.  I also chose a shirt dress I like the light shade of the denim and I also like the button detailing so you wouldn't have to have it completely done up.  For swimwear I chose a black charm bikini and I have accessorised the look with a bird scarf which would be good for holding my hair back and of course a pair of sunglasses.

Sunset Supper




Watching the sunset at Cafe Mambo was one of my favourite experiences of my Ibiza visit last year.  I chose the following items for this look.  I chose a simple black dipped hem dress teamed with a set of tan wedges, I accessoried this outfit with a black studded clutchpeace necklace, gold hooped earrings and a chunky tassel bracelet.  

Beach to Club



For the final outfit I chose a maxi dress in a gorgeous burnt orange dress.  I would dress this up on the night time with accessories.  I chose a spike bracelet, I would also wear the long peace necklace and put all my essentials in a beaded clutch.  For shoes I chose some embellished sandals.  

I would love to hear what you think about the looks I have put together, if you have entered let me know so I can see what you have chosen.  

Laura xxx

6 comments:

  1. hehehe, nice entry, check out mine http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/2012/08/going-to-ibiza-5-outfits.html
    Greetings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria thanks for your comment I will pop over and take a look now xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely picks! The travel style especially is so classy :)
    I also had a go, my entry is here if you'd like to take a peek http://usagi-bun.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/holidayhop-holiday-fashion-from-new-look.html

    Best of luck to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maisy thanks for taking the time to comment I will pop over to your blog and take a look x

      Delete
  3. Hey Laura! :)
    We thought you might be interested in our bloggers style competition to win a summer holiday outfit worth £200 from www.braintreeclothing.com?
    You can find the details here > http://bit.ly/btreestylecomp
    Best wishes,
    Braintree Clothing x

    ReplyDelete